Natália Pereira, born on April 4, 1989, in Joaçaba, Santa Catarina, Brazil, is a name synonymous with excellence in the world of professional volleyball. Standing at an imposing 1.86 meters (6 feet 1 inch) and weighing 83 kilograms (183 pounds), Natália Pereira has made a significant impact on the sport both nationally and internationally. Her accomplishments on the court have solidified her place in the history of Brazilian volleyball, and her journey to stardom is nothing short of inspiring.
An Olympic champion and a star of the volleyball world, Natália Zilio Pereira’s journey to greatness
- Full Name: Natália Zilio Pereira
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Date of Birth: April 4, 1989 (Age 34)
- Place of Birth: Joaçaba, Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Height: 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
- Weight: 83 kg (183 lb)
- Spike Height: 311 cm (122 in)
- Block Height: 295 cm (116 in)
- Position: Outside Hitter
- Current Club: Russia Dynamo Moscow
- Jersey Number: 12
- National Team (2005–2021): Brazil
Olympic Gold Medalist
One of the crowning achievements in Natália Pereira’s career was her participation in the 2012 Summer Olympics as a member of the Brazilian national volleyball team. The team’s stellar performance led to them securing the gold medal, a historic moment that etched her name into the annals of Olympic glory.
See also: Top 10 Sports That Girls Should Play
Club Success Across Continents
Natália Pereira has had a distinguished club career, playing for teams in Brazil, Turkey, Russia, and Italy. Her journey through various clubs includes:
Brazil Sollys Osasco (2006–2011):
- Achieved victory in the 2009-10 Brazilian Superliga.
- Won the 2009 South American Club Championship.
Brazil Unilever Vôlei (2011–2013):
- Secured the championship title in the 2012-13 Brazilian Superliga.
- Triumphed in the 2013 South American Club Championship.
Turkey Fenerbahçe (2016–2018):
- Celebrated victory in the 2016-17 Turkish Cup.
- Achieved success in the 2016-17 Turkish League.
Brazil Minas Tênis Clube (2018–2019):
- Became a champion in the 2018-19 Brazilian Superliga.
Turkey Eczacıbaşı VitrA (2019–2020):
- Claimed the championship title in the 2019-20 Turkish Supercup.
- Was the runner-up in the 2018 FIVB Club World Championship.
Russia Dynamo Moscow (2020–2021, 2022–Present):
- Competing for Dynamo Moscow, Natália continued to leave her mark on the sport.
Italy Savino del Bene Scandicci (2021–2022):
- Played a season in Italy with Savino Del Bene Scandicci.
Awards and Accolades
Natália Pereira’s list of individual awards is nothing short of remarkable. These accolades are a testament to her exceptional skills and contributions to the world of volleyball:
- 2005 FIVB U18 World Championship – “Most Valuable Player”
- 2007 FIVB U20 World Championship – “Most Valuable Player,” “Best Scorer,” and “Best Spiker”
- 2009 South American Club Championship – “Best Spiker”
- 2010 South American Club Championship – “Best Spiker”
- 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix – “Best Outside Spiker”
- 2016 FIVB World Grand Prix – “Most Valuable Player”
- 2016–17 Turkish League – “Most Valuable Player”
- 2017 Montreux Volley Masters – “Best Outside Spiker”
- 2017 FIVB World Grand Prix – “Best Outside Spiker” and “Most Valuable Player”
- 2017 South American Championship – “Best Outside Spiker”
- 2018–19 Brazilian Superliga – “Best Outside Spiker”
- 2020–21 Russian Superleague – “Best Outside Spiker”
In addition to individual honors, Natália Pereira has been part of multiple championship-winning teams, further showcasing her impact on the sport:
- 2009–10 Brazilian Superliga – Champion with Sollys Osasco
- 2012–13 Brazilian Superliga – Champion with Unilever Vôlei
- 2014–15 Brazilian Superliga – Champion with Rexona/Ades
- 2015–16 Brazilian Superliga – Champion with Rexona/Ades
- 2016–17 Turkish Cup – Champion with Fenerbahçe
- 2016–17 Turkish League – Champion with Fenerbahçe
- 2018–19 Brazilian Superliga – Champion with Itambé/Minas
- 2019–20 Turkish Supercup – Champion with Eczacıbaşı VitrA
- 2022–23 Russian Cup – Champion with Dinamo Moscow
- 2022–23 Russian League – Champion with Dinamo Moscow
See also: Top 10 Most Beautiful Sportswomen
Natália Zilio Pereira’s incredible journey from the volleyball courts of Brazil to the international stage is an inspiration to aspiring athletes. Her numerous accolades and achievements in both the national and club spheres of volleyball have made her a true icon of the sport. As she continues to shine on the world stage, Natália’s legacy in the world of volleyball is destined to endure for years to come.